OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The following IdeaFame Official Rules (the “Rules”) apply to the IdeaFame Pitch Contest (the “Contest”). PLEASE NOTE: Unless specifically indicated otherwise in these Rules, all of the following provisions apply all participants of the Contest. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PLEASE CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST: YOU HAVE NO GUARANTEE OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY, NOR ANY GUARANTEE OF PROTECTION FOR YOUR IDEA OR RELATED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. ALL CONTEST SUBMISSIONS WILL BE POSTED PUBLICLY AND VIEWABLE BY THE PUBLIC. IF YOU WANT OR REQUIRE SECRECY, OR LEGALLY CONFIRMABLE PROTECTION FOR YOUR IDEA OR RELATED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, YOU SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS EXCLUSIVELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SPONSOR (AS FURTHER DEFINED BELOW) OF THE CONTEST HAS NO RESPONSIBILTY, AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY, FOR ANY RESULT OR CONSEQUENCE OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED USE OR INFRINGEMENT BY A THIRD PARTY OF YOUR IDEA OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF AND AGREEMENT TO THE FOREGOING AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE AND RELEASE SPONSOR FROM ALL SUCH LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES.
PLEASE ALSO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST: TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A PRIZE, YOU MUST PAY THE APPLICABLE ENTRY FEES FOR THE CONTEST THAT YOU ENTER. WINNERS OF THE CONTEST WILL BE DETERMINED EXCLUSIVELY ACCORDING TO THE SKILL OF THE ENTRANTS, AS IS DESCRIBED MORE FULLY BELOW. NO WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED RANDOMLY, AND NO PRIZE WILL BE OFFERED BY CHANCE. PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY SPONSOR WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Contest is offered and administered by IdeaFame LLC (the “Sponsor”), 1 E. Center Street, Suite 270, Fayetteville, AR 72701. Individuals, teams, companies, and all others who participate in the Contest are called an “Entrant” for the purposes of these Rules.
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open to individuals who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. Entrants between the ages of 13 and 18 must have permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter. The Contest is open to Entrants worldwide (the “Contest Area”); however, all non-US Entrants should review the section titled “Additional Terms for Non-US Entries” below for additional rules and conditions for those Entries. Sponsor’s employees, agents, officers, members, managers, owners, and each of their immediate family members are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Contest Period. The Pitch Contest begins May 1, 2017 and ends June 30, 2017 (the “Pitch Contest Period”).
3. How to Enter.
During the Pitch Contest Period, Entrants may enter the Pitch Contest by (i) visiting the Pitch Contest website located at www.ideafame.com (the “Pitch Contest Site”); (ii) completing the entry form available at the Pitch Contest Site; (iii) paying the Pitch Contest entry fee of TEN DOLLARS and NO/100 ($10.00); and (iv) uploading a video submission consistent with the requirements of and recommendations for the Pitch Contest that is no more than sixty (60) seconds long (collectively, the “Pitch Contest Entry”). Pitch Contest Entries and video submissions will not be returned.
Recommendations for participating in the Pitch Contest: Your video should describe your idea as succinctly and persuasively as possible in the time allowed. This can be accomplished in many ways, and it is nearly impossible to know exactly what rubric individuals may apply when voting for pitch videos. At the most general, people will vote for the ideas and videos they like best – making individual judgments about what pitches seem the most worthy or entertaining. That said, we encourage all voters for the Pitch Contest to consider the following criteria in their evaluation, and similarly encourage all Pitch Contest Entrants to do the same:
Does the idea solve a problem?
Is the proposed solution in the Entry better or different than other solutions?
Is the proposed solution viable and possible? and
Can the Entrant (person or team) perform and execute the proposed solution?
Quite simply, quality of the idea and quality of your delivery are two factors worth strong consideration when submitting a video.
Generally Applicable Rules for All Entries
Groups of individuals who collaborate on one or more Entries are required to designate one representative to enter the applicable Contest and accept any prize on behalf of the group. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for disputes between collaborators. The person named as the registered owner of the account used at time of entry will be deemed the Entrant for the purposes of the applicable Contest in case of dispute.
Some features of the Contest may require registration with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, or some other third party account. If you do not have one of the required third party accounts, you can sign up for one or more of those accounts via those third parties’ websites or mobile applications available via the app store for your mobile device. The terms and conditions for activating and using any such third party account will be at the exclusive discretion of the applicable third party provider.
Entrants may submit as many Pitch Contest Entries as they choose in their individual discretion; however, each separate Pitch Contest Entry will require Entrant to pay the applicable entry fee for each separate submission - $10 per Pitch Contest Entry.
During the free, public vote judging phase, as is more fully described below, individuals may submit only one (1) vote for any particular Pitch Contest Entry, and may vote for a total of ten (10) different Pitch Contest Entry's. For the sake of clarity, multiple votes or attempted multiple votes for the same Pitch Contest Entry during the free, public vote period is prohibited and may result in votes for that particular Pitch Contest Entry being declared void.
Sponsor will void any Entrant who submits ineligible entries (or attempts to make multiple free votes for the same Pitch Contest Entry) by using any method. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. Prohibited, illegible, and incomplete entries will be void.
The Pitch Contest will feature one (1) prize (the “Pitch Contest Prize” or “Prize”) consisting of a minimum cash award of TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS and NO/100 ($10,000.00), plus an additional THREE DOLLARS and NO/100 ($3.00) for each valid Pitch Contest Entry received from all Entrants during the Pitch Contest Period. There will only be one (1) winner of the Pitch Contest Prize.
Generally Applicable Rules for Pitch Contest Prize
No portion of the Prize may be transferred or substituted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize is subject to availability. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance and use of the Prize is at winner’s sole risk, and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising in connection with the use or misuse of the Prize. Each Prize winner will be solely responsible for all international, federal, state, and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with receiving and using the applicable Prize.
WINNERS OF THE PITCH CONTEST PRIZE WILL BE DETERMINED EXCLUSIVELY ACCORDING TO THE SKILL OF THE ENTRANTS, AS IS DESCRIBED MORE FULLY BELOW. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Contest Period. Purchase of goods or services offered separately by Sponsor will not impact or improve your chances of winning in any way.
5. Winner Selection and Notification.
The Pitch Contest is a skill-based competition. Entrants in the Pitch Contest will be judged according to the criteria explained below for the Pitch Contest. WINNERS WILL NOT BE DETERMINED RANDOMLY, AND PRIZES WILL NOT BE OFFERED BY CHANCE.
The Pitch Contest
One (1) Pitch Contest Prize winner will be selected at the end of the Pitch Contest Period from all eligible Pitch Contest Entries received during the Pitch Contest Period. All Pitch Contest Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
(i) Does the Entry solve a problem?
(ii) Is the proposed solution in the Entry better or different than other solutions?
(iii) Is the proposed solution viable and possible? and
(iv) Can the Entrant (person or team) perform and execute the proposed solution?
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the individual taste, instinct, and experience of the participating voters will also be a factor.
When the submission period for Pitch Contest Entries is closed, the top ten (10) Pitch Contest Entries will be identified from the total number of free, open-entry votes received from the public for all valid Pitch Contest Entries. The ten (10) Pitch Contest Entries that receive the most total public votes in the open-voting period will be selected and identified by Sponsor as the top ten (10) Pitch Contest Entries. Entrants may submit as many Pitch Contest Entries as they choose in their individual discretion during the public, open-voting period; however, each separate Pitch Contest Entry will require Entrant to pay the applicable entry fee for each separate submission - $10 per Pitch Contest Entry. Multiple votes by one individual for any one Pitch Contest Entry (or attempted multiple votes) will be void.
In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will select a panel of three (3) independent judges to evaluate and rank the tied Pitch Contest Entries. The selection of the panel will be the tie-breaker. The Pitch Contest Entrant that is ranked the highest by the panel will be the Pitch Contest winner.
Generally Applicable Rules for All Winners
Selection and notification for the winner of the Prize will occur on or before TEN (10) days after the close of the free, public vote period. The selected winners will be notified via the contact information (including email address and/or telephone number) submitted with the winning Entries. Each Prize winner will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an identity verification questionnaire and liability and publicity release within ten (10) days or the applicable Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor (and in such case this process will be repeated).
In consideration for being awarded a Prize, each Entrant and winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, to Sponsor using the winner’s name, information, submission, Entry details, and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, except where prohibited by law.
6. Entry Requirements. By entering the Contest, you understand that your Entry and information may be featured on or in Sponsor’s website, social media accounts, and other public and private marketing communications by Sponsor. By providing an Entry, you waive and release any rights you may have with respect to Sponsor using the Entry for Sponsor’s purposes, including commercial purposes. In addition, in order to participate in the Contest, Entrants will be required to supply certain information about themselves. Sponsor has specified which information is mandatory in order to participate in the Contest in the Entry process for the Contest.
By entering an Entry in the Contest, you make the following representations and warranties: (i) the Entry is your sole, original work; (ii) your Entry does not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, unlawful, or inappropriate content, or content disparaging to Sponsor; (iii) your Entry does not violate the privacy, property, or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased; (iv) your Entry does not copy, infringe, or otherwise plagiarize proprietary material from another source or person; (v) you do not have any expectation of secrecy, privacy, confidentiality with respect to the information you submit as part of an Entry except for any payment information you provide, your password details, your IP address, your phone number, or communications you send to us; and (vi) you understand and agree that your Entry is submitted at your own risk, and that Sponsor is not making any representation, warranty, or guarantee with respect to protection of your idea or related intellectual property that is disclosed or may be discerned from your Entry – all as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries should not contain any third party materials, copyrights, trademarks, logos, or any other mark identifying a third party brand. Sponsor reserves the right to void and/or remove any Entry that it considers in its exclusive discretion to violate any of the above representations and warranties.
Any Entry that does not meet the requirements of this section or otherwise violates these Rules will be disqualified and void.
7. General Contest Conditions. Neither Sponsor nor the Contest are affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, or any other third party service used to view, participate in, or otherwise access the Contest. All Entrants must comply with the terms and conditions of any third party service used, if any, to view, participate in, or otherwise access the Contest (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram), including the creation of an account through the applicable service. Entrants are solely responsible for complying with those third party terms and conditions, when applicable, as well as maintaining the technological, hardware, and internet capabilities required to use those third party services. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable in any manner for any Entrant’s or person’s inability to submit an eligible Entry, including, but not limited to, Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed due to hardware, software, network or system errors, or failures of any kind.
Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Prize if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrant(s) or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Contest is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision, or the right to enforce the same in the future.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including the awarding of the Prize under applicable law, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
8. Additional Terms for Non-US Entries. Participation in the Contest by non-US Entrants, and the availability of the Prize for non-US Entrants, will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations of such Entrant’s country and city of residence. Each non-US Prize winner will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an identity and residence verification questionnaire and liability and publicity release within ten (10) days, and Sponsor will then have thirty (30) days to determine in its exclusive discretion whether the awarding of the applicable Prize to such Entrant will be permissible under applicable laws and regulations. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that applicable laws or regulations prohibit the awarding of the Prize to such non-US Entrant, the Entrant’s Entry will be void and Sponsor may select an alternate winner (and in such case this process will be repeated).
9. Release; License to Use. Except where prohibited by law, an Entrant’s submission of an Entry constitutes the Entrant’s irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission for Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, to use, publish, post, or display Entrant’s name, photograph, video, likeness, statements, information, city and state, Entry information and submission, Prize information (as applicable), any quotes attributable to him or her, and any other indicia of person (regardless of whether modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional, and publicity purposes, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval, or compensation of any kind. Each Entrant releases Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives and agents from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Rules obligates the Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted in this Rules and each Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
10. Limitations on Liability. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND REIMBURSE SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PITCH CONTEST PRIZE, AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PITCH CONTEST, OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representative, and agents will not be responsible or otherwise liable for any reason for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages related to the Contest, including, but not limited to, actual or threatened use or infringement of an Entrant’s idea or related intellectual property, and any access to or use of the Contest Sites. Everything provided by Sponsor is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
11. List of Winners. To obtain a list of the winners of the Contest, available ten (10) days after the close of the last Contest Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to: IdeaFame LLC, ATTN: IdeaFame Contest Winners, 1 E. Center Street, Suite 270, Fayetteville, AR 72701.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any Prize, will be resolved individually and exclusively by binding arbitration to be held in Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas; (ii) all claims, judgments, and awards on behalf of Entrant will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to submit the applicable Entry in the applicable Contest or two hundred fifty dollars ($250); (iii) attorneys’ fees will not be awarded or available to Entrant; and (iv) the Contest and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas without giving effect to conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING A DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
SPONSOR: IdeaFame LLC, 1 E. Center Street, Suite 270, Fayetteville, AR 72701